My Blog List

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas at CEMC.....


Recently I got to participate in a tradition that dates back to the 60's when we decorated the radio tower that stands behind my office. Each year we take down the 9 strands of lights and replace the 1200 standards size light bulbs and light it the day after Thanksgiving.


Thanks to a couple of linemen who spent nearly 5 hours climbing the 240ft tower we were able to give the local radio station and school children what that came to see.....


This picture doesn't do justice to how well the tower looks at night.


I also rang the bell for The Salvation Army this week which turned out to be some of the best people watching I could have ever imagined. Three months have gone by so fast at my new job and though sad to leave my friends at SDS the move to CEMC has been the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment