My Blog List

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A little late, but hello 2011....

I have a secret. I get severe depression directly following Christmas. Not really severe. I mean I don't need medication or therapy or anything, but I 'm just not really happy. The last four months of the year are jammed packed with football suspense, birthday celebrations, and wonderful holidays and then...nothing. I have a hard time recovering from such a fall into a cold and dreary month (sorry January but it is true). So the depression and huge lack of motivation is responsible for the neglect of blog post. However, the hope of Spring and some new ever-changing decorating in the house are slowly getting me out of my slump.

I am looking forward to trying some new and healthier recipes, to getting myself and my husband in better shape and on a better schedule, and to starting a garden and working in the yard. It will be such an expereince to have Hatcher out there with us this year digging away in the dirt (hopefully he will loose interest in putting things in his mouth by the Spring). I also hope to tackle the huge job of installing a brick patio. I keep going back and forth....Do I want someone else to do the install? I know that I am capable. But do I have the time? Where will Hatcher go? Think of the money we could save doing it ourselves...Am I patient enough for the task?

I never really set resolutions. I am already too demanding on myself, my husband, and my home. I have high standards and tend to be a perfectionist so the thought of putting something else on my to-do list it just too overwhelming. But I do like to set goals. I am very diligent about getting things I really want done completed. So I know that if something is important enough or if I want it bad enough, I will do it. I do hope that in this year, however, that I can learn to let some things go...to try not to strive for perfection. Because I am learning that it is just not worth it. I want to enjoy my home not be a prisoner to it. I want more time to spend with my family and more time for the other little hobbies that I enjoy.

So I hope that in 2011 I will be a little more relaxed, a little bit of a better wife, and an always improving mom. I hope to be more spontaneous and live on a less rigid schedule. I hope to be a better sister and a better friend by making more time for all the lovely ladies in my life, and I hope to take a real vacation with my hubby.

Looking forward to whatever the year has in store and praying for happiness and goodness for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment