My Blog List

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Loveliest Lady, My Granny.....



The world lost a wonderful lady this morning. Sybil Mae Henry Holland was surely a blessed person. She was an extremely intelligent woman (top of her class), hard worker, fun, mother of four, and loving wife to the kindest,sweetest husband which only a remarkable person could attract. She planted the seeds of everything I love and cherish. Mother to my mother, instilling in her and then eventually in me the love of everything Southern....Every time that I make a quilt or cover up with one of the many made by her hand in my home I will be thinking of my Granny. Everyday that I pull a weed or plant flowers in a flowerbed, I will remember her. I will remember that the first flower arrangements that I made came from her gardens and graced her dinner table. Every time I set a table I will fondly look back on all the times I begged to set her table and use "the good silver" . Every time I touch the keys of a piano I will remember her playing my favorite hymns. Every time I wear a dress made by my mother (including my wedding dress) I will cherish the talent, the skill, and the love that my grandmother passed on to my mother, aunt, and cousins. She was truly a remarkable person and a huge influence on the person I am and the things that I love. She received a great gift early this morning, one that all of us can only hope for. She passed peacefully in her sleep in her own bed without illness or pain and joined a wonderful man in heaven, my Pa. I love you both and I thank you for your influence on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment